Brrrr there has been a sudden cold snap this week here in Sydney. The heater has been turned on for the first time this year and I have found myself digging out the kids winter clothes..... it couldn't be a more perfect time of year for this weeks reviewed product from Sheeps Clothing.
I, well actually my nephew, had the pleasure of 'testing' one of Sheeps Clothing's pure Australian merino wool Cable Knit Beanies


This hand knitted beanie features three cabled panels set on a purl background and is available in a choice of colours including denim blue, soft earthy brown, berry pink, cherry, cream and forest green just like the one we tested.
Sheep's Clothing has this hat available in sizes 1-3 (fits up to approx. 51cm / 20"), 3-6 (fits up to approx. 53cm /21") and 6-teen (fits up to approx. 55cm / 22") and adult sizes are available too.

I was impressed from the minute I opened the post pack the beanie arrived in. From the careful packaging for transit to the custom swing tag and ongoing care instructions, as Stacey puts it, " to protect your investment" you could tell these items are all lovingly made.
One of the great features of this beanie is the way it sits on a child's head - just like it's hugging your ears without cutting in - perfect for little kids on the go who don't want to worry about their hat falling off and also putting mum's mind at rest knowing their little one's are staying warm.
As you can tell, I thought this beanie was fantastic but we should ask the now owner of the beanie what he thinks to be really sure it passes the test. 3 year old Nicolas says..... ”it’s really, really warm and I really like the colour. It matches my Papa’s tractor”. All together now… awwww



Stacey, who is the driving force behind Sheeps Clothing says "When my boys were babies I looked and looked for high quality, stylish knitwear for them. Sure there was some nice looking stuff out there, but some nasty acrylic fabrics. No way was I putting man made fibres on their tiny little heads! So, as I come from a long line of knitters, I experimented with a few different styles and types of beanies and scarves. The kind comments my boys and I received convinced me I was on to something and Sheeps Clothing was born."



Sheeps Clothing doesn't just stop at adult and kids hats, there are also 100% pure Australian wool scarves and scarflettes as well as hair clips, hair ties and brooches using a mix of wool, gorgeous fabrics and vintage buttons - all great accessories to wear with or with out your hat.

You can read more about Sheeps Clothing at their recently launched website, www.sheepsclothing.com.au. Be sure to subscribe to their monthly newsletter (which features special subscriber only discounts and offers) and you will instantly go into the draw to win your favourite item from instore...... I'd pick the Super Soft Wool Scarflette with Mother of Pearl Button for sure - gorgeous!


For our Kookie blog readers Sheeps Clothing has an awesome deal to help you get organised for the coming winter months. Just mention this product review when completing checkout of your chosen item from Sheeps Clothing and you will receive FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING! You can take advantage of this great deal until the end of June 2009!
NOTE: If you elect to pay via bank deposit, just wait for the converted US / AU dollar figure which will be exclusive of postage or if paying via Paypal the postage cost will be refunded.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS
Read Comments

0 comments: